Once again, it will be celebrated, under the direction of Reverend Father Joseph Valentine . who reviewed all arrangements.
What is the Tenebrae?
The Tenebrae is a combination of the 1st two Hours of the Divine Office at ad Matutinum and ad Laudes during the Sacred Triduum, i.e., on Maundy Thursday, Good Friday and Holy Saturday
It may a be chanted or recited or be a combination of chanted and recited portion.
At Saint Joseph the Worker the Church it will be celebrated on
Each day it will start at 8a.m., ad will last close to two hours.
Booklet of the service willl have the full text in Latin and in English.
You are free to participate or simply listen.
- All may participate in chanting or reciting the psalms.
- Solo performance-’ Selected men will chant or recite the lessons
- Solo or small group of women will chant the Reponses.
Please come around 7.45 . 7.50 a.m. to be seated and -if you wish -take a sol or small group role!
If you are interested to know more about the Tenebrae
For nature and history read the article of Wikipedia : https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tenebrae
For preview of the text of the Tenebrae, go to
- Chose the date.
- Select Matutinum then Laudes-
- There are pull down menus below the names of the Hours.
- For rubric, choose Rubrics 1960
- For language .
- Latin has the text I Latin only.
- English and other modern languages gives you both English or the modern language of your choice and Latin
- Come, if you can – If not, send your guardian angel!